Ontario Works (OW) needs detailed information about you and other people in your household to decide if you qualify for financial assistance.
It’s a good idea to collect all the information and have it ready when you apply. It speeds up the process if you have all the information and documents ready before you apply.
Information you need to give OW
You need to give the following information about yourself and anyone else in your household:
- name and date of birth
- immigration status
You also have to give:
- your address
- your housing costs and what type of housing you live in, for example, whether you live in a place that you rent or own
Documents you need to show OW
Examples of documents you might use are:
- identity documents like a birth certificate or passport to prove name and date of birth
- the last income tax return or Notice of Assessment to show income
- pay stubs to prove income from work
- receipts from your landlord to prove how much rent you pay
- bank statements to show things like how much you have in savings