You and your partner agree with some or all of the claims

If you and your partner agree on some or all of your issues, you can put what you've agreed on in a or you can get a .

A separation agreement is a written contract that you and your partner make that says how you will deal with your issues. You can make a separation agreement at any time. You and your partner sign it and then you must both follow it. It does not need to be approved by a judge before you sign it.

A consent order is a that says what you and your partner agree to. You can only enter into a consent order if one of you has started a court case. If you and your partner have written your agreement in , you can make that into a consent order. Or you may have written a draft consent order that you agree to. A judge has to approve and sign your consent order.

A consent order and a separation agreement filed with the court can be enforced by the court. This means the court can order you and your partner to follow it.

The Step Make a separation agreement gives you information about why making a separation agreement can be useful and how to make one.

The Step Bring a regular motion has information on how to make a consent order.

Reviewed: March 20, 2023
Hide this website