Glossary - Housing Law


In Housing Law

Usually refers to a document or form that is used to tell someone of a legal step you are taking. Sometimes it refers to the amount of time between telling them and something happening. For example, a tenant can end their tenancy by giving their landlord a certain number of days’ notice. And they can do this by giving their landlord a form called a Tenant’s Notice to End the Tenancy.

Notice of Termination

In Housing Law

A Notice of Termination is a form that a landlord or tenant uses when either wants to end their tenancy agreement. There are different types of notices, with different numbers like N4 and N5. The notices that landlords use usually have titles that start with “Notice to End Your Tenancy …”.


In Housing Law

Not Sufficient Funds (NSF) means that a person wrote a cheque but did not have enough money in their bank account to cover the cheque. When this happens, the bank usually charges extra fees to both the person who wrote the cheque and the person the cheque was payable to. NSF cheques are sometimes called “bounced” cheques.

Hide this website