A court order is a decision made by a judge or justice of the peace. It may require you to do or not do something for a period of time. If you do not follow the court order, there could be legal consequences, including being charged with a criminal offence.
Canada Pension Plan (CPP) disability benefits are for people who:
- have a severe and prolonged disability that prevents them from working regularly or earning more than a limited amount of money
- are under 65 years old
- contributed enough to CPP
Workers make contributions to the Canada Pension Plan. If you work for an employer, these are deducted from your pay cheques. Employers also make contributions to the Canada Pension Plan on behalf of their employees.
The amount of your retirement pension or disability benefit is based on a few things, including:
- the amount you contributed to your plan,
- how long you contributed for, and
- the age you retire at.
A Canada Pension Plan (CPP) retirement pension is a monthly payment that many Canadians get when they retire.
To get a CPP retirement pension, you normally have to have:
- worked in Canada
- made contributions to the CPP
You may also get a CPP retirement pension if you didn’t work in Canada or contribute, but have enough contributions because of a divorce or separation. This can happen if you split your pension contributions with your former partner.
You can get a CPP retirement pension when you’re 65 years old. Or, you can start your CPP retirement pension:
- as early as 60, and get less money each month
- as late as 70, and get more money each month
Credit is getting money, goods, or services now in exchange for your promise to pay them back later. Rent payments, phone bills, utility bills, loans, and money you borrow on a credit card or a line of credit, are common types of credit.
Credit counselling is a service for people with money problems. It helps you find the best way to reduce your debt or pay it off. You can also learn how to make a budget and keep to it, and how to improve your credit report and credit score. There are non-profit and for-profit credit counselling services.
Credit history, also known as a consumer report or consumer information, is the information a consumer reporting agency has about:
- the money you’ve borrowed from businesses, such as credit card companies or banks
- the bills that you pay regularly, like your rent or your hydro bill
For example, if you have a mortgage, the credit reporting agency will have detailed information about the money you borrowed and the bills you pay, including:
- the amount of your mortgage or line of credit
- the interest rate you pay on your borrowed money
- the repayment schedule for the borrowed money
- if you paid your bills in full and on time
A credit limit is the total amount of money you can borrow from a lender. This term is most often used for credit card limits. For example, a credit card may have a credit limit of $5,000.