Guided Pathway for making or responding to a motion

CLEO’s Family Law Guided Pathways help you fill out the court forms you need for your family law matter.

You can use this pathway if you want to start a motion or respond to a motion as part of your family law case that’s already in progress.

The pathway asks you questions, gives you information to help answer them, and puts your answers into the required forms. The pathway is free to use.

When you’re finished, you can save or print your forms. You will also get instructions about how to give them to the court.

Who is this guided pathway for?

You can use this pathway if you’re waiting for your court case to finish and want to ask the court to make temporary orders about:

  • decision-making responsibility, which used to be called child custody
  • parenting time, which used to be called child access
  • child support
  • spousal support
  • property division
  • other family law orders like a restraining order

You must have already filed an Application or Answer, and been to your first case conference.

Who is the pathway not for?

You should not use this pathway if you have a final court order and want to ask the court to change it.

If you’re not sure whether to use this pathway, talk to a lawyer.

Using the pathway

It can take less than 1 hour or 4 hours or more to complete the pathway depending on your situation and what you’re asking the court for.

It can take less time if you have all your documents ready when you start. The pathway is divided into steps. At the beginning of each step, there’s a list of the information that you need to continue.

You can sign up to create an account or use the pathways as a guest. If you choose not to create an account, the system will time out after 4 hours. You must create an account if you want to save your work on the system or use the other pathways.

All of the information that you enter into the pathways is confidential. CLEO will not give your personal information to anyone unless you ask us to do this. Read more in the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Need help?

If you need help using the Guided Pathways, or have questions contact

This guided pathway does not give you legal advice. For advice about your situation, talk to a lawyer.

Hide this website