Guided pathway for tenants with maintenance or repair problems: T6

This Guided Pathway helps tenants apply to the Landlord and Tenant Board because their landlord is:

  • not doing repairs, or
  • not maintaining their home properly according to health, safety, housing, or maintenance standards.

Fill out the T6

The pathway asks questions and puts your answers into the Board’s application form called Tenant Application about Maintenance: Form T6. It will take about one hour to complete if you have all of the information you need to answer the questions.

When you’re finished, you can save and print Form T6. You then give it to the Board in person, by mail, or by fax.

You can use this pathway if: What you need to get started:
  • you’re renting a home in Ontario
  • you’re having repair or maintenance problems
  • your repair or maintenance problems are ongoing or it’s been less than a year since the problems stopped
  • you want to apply to the Landlord and Tenant Board to make your landlord fix the problems
  • you want to apply to the Board to get money or pay less rent because of the repair and maintenance problems
  • the name your landlord uses on your rental agreement or lease
  • the date or approximate date you moved into your place and your moving date, if you’ve moved out
  • the dates or approximate dates when each repair or maintenance problem started
  • the dates or approximate dates when you made any complaints about the problems
  • information about how the problems affected you
  • details about any money you had to spend because of the problems

To get started, you can sign up to create an account or enter your information as a guest. As a guest, you must finish within 4 hours or else the system will time out. You must create an account if you want to save your work and come back to it later.

Any personal information that you enter is confidential. CLEO will not give your personal information to anyone unless you ask us to do this. Read more in the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy .

Need help?

If you need help using the Guided Pathways, or have questions contact

The Housing Law Guided Pathways do not give you legal advice. For advice about your situation, talk to a lawyer.

Tenants who have low incomes may be able to get free legal advice at their local community legal clinic. To find your local clinic, you can call Legal Aid Ontario at 1-800-668-8258 or visit their website.

Fill out the T6

Hide this website