This month's On the Radar from CLEO focuses on:
- practical tips for anyone planning to attend a protest
- legal rights information and resources for protesters
The number of public protests across Canada has seen a dramatic increase in recent weeks. In part spurred on by the global Black Lives Matter movement, Canadian protesters have targeted a range of issues, including:
- raising questions about systemic racism within Canadian police services,
- calling out police brutality that tends to target racialized and vulnerable people, and
- challenging the extent to which police should be involved in mental health crises.