How do I complain to the Ministry of Public and Business Service Delivery?

Try these tools:

Use this tool to write a letter to a business to complain about a product or service.

Use this letter-writing tool to complain about a product or service.

The Ontario Consumer Protection Act has rules and laws to protect consumers.

You can complain to the Ministry of Public and Business Service Delivery if any of the following kinds of businesses have not followed these rules:

You can complain about a good or service that you bought at a store, online, by mail, or by phone.

The Ministry will look at your complaint and decide what to do based on the facts and evidence in your case. For example, for less serious complaints, the Ministry might try to get you and the business to reach an agreement that follows the rules. Or, if the Ministry thinks that the business broke the law, they might start a court case.

If the Ministry is not able to help you, they will try to find an organization or government office that might be able to help. You can also think about suing the business in small claims court.

Energy contracts

Energy retailers are companies that offer contracts for electricity or natural gas. Door-to-door energy retailers must follow different rules.

For information about these rules and what you can do if you have problems with energy retailers, visit the Ontario Energy Board website or call 1-877-632-2727.

Hide this website