You are here
What if I can't find a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, or I can't afford the fees?
The Bankruptcy Assistance Program can help if you can’t:
- find a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, or
- afford to pay the regular fees.
To use the program, all of the following must be true:
- You have contacted two Licensed Insolvency Trustees to get their services and were refused.
- You have not recently been involved in commercial activities, like running a business or selling products.
- You do not need to make surplus income payments.
- You don’t have assets that need to be sold.
- You are not in jail.
The Bankruptcy Assistance Program will not pay the trustee’s fees. But the trustee that you are assigned to will figure out a fee and a payment plan that works for you.