What laws apply to me as a worker?

There are many different laws that can apply to workers.

Some laws apply to people who work in certain industries. For example, if you work for a bank, you're probably covered by the Canada Labour Code.

And some laws cover certain issues you might have in your workplace. For example, the Occupational Health and Safety Act has rules about health and safety at work.

This question explains laws about:

  • basic work rules
  • human rights
  • health and safety
  • being injured at work

There are other laws that might apply to you that are not covered in this question. So it's a good idea to get legal help if you're having problems at work or are not sure what laws apply to you.

Hide this website