You are here

How do I change my separation agreement?

How do I change my separation agreement?
This question has an answer and 4 steps
July 15, 2019

You or your partner may want or need to change your separation agreement because of changes to your situation. For example:

It can be difficult to get along with your partner. Small issues can build up and make you want to change your separation agreement. Think carefully about what issues you want to take to court.

For example, it is best not to go to court for things like who has to wash your child's clothes after access visits or because your partner isn't always on time. Try to find another way to resolve these issues that can save you time and money.

You should first see what your separation agreement says you have to do if one of you doesn't follow it. For example, it might say that you have to try mediation to work out your issues before going to court. Even if your separation agreement doesn't say this, you may want to get help from a family law professional.

Parlez Français