How do I file court forms for my family case online?

As of March 1, 2021, the term has changed to . And in most situations, the term has changed to . Now, all parents usually have parenting time.

Also, a person who isn't a parent or step-parent may get a to spend time with a child. For example a grandparent can get this order.

Starting August 5, 2020, you can most family law forms and supporting documents online for a family court case in the Ontario Court of Justice or the Superior Court of Justice.

It doesn't matter if you're starting a new court case or if you have an existing court case. You can file your forms and documents online if:

  • the court accepts online filing for your family law issue
  • you have all your supporting documents
  • you have a Visa, Mastercard, or Interac debit card to pay your court fees online

You can file online if you want to:

  • apply for a joint or simple
  • start or answer an application for family law issues like , , or
  • go to a family conference
  • make or respond to a regular
  • bring a a final or agreement
  • file a with the court to enforce support
  • file documents in a child protection case
  • ask for a fee waiver certificate

If you can't use the online service or if you don't want to file your forms or documents online, you can file them in person at the courthouse. You may also be able to send them by email. If you're not sure which court to go to, call the family court in your municipality.

Rule 1.1 Electronic filing and issuance of documents tells you how to file your documents. There is also a guide on how to file documents.

If you have questions about filing online or making a payment online, call 1-800-980-4962 or email

Use CLEO’s Guided Pathways

You can use CLEO's Guided Pathways to Family Court Forms to fill out your court forms. This free online tool asks you questions and puts your answers into the required court forms. When you're finished, you can save or print your completed forms before filing them online.

Get legal help

Family law court forms can be difficult to understand and fill out. It's a good idea to talk to a lawyer before you fill out your forms and file them. A lawyer can make sure your forms are correctly filled out and you have all the documents you need.

If you can't afford to hire a lawyer for your whole case, some lawyers provide “unbundled services” or “limited scope retainer” services. This means you pay them to help you with part of your case, such as filling out your forms.

If you can't afford to hire a lawyer at all, you may be able to find legal help in other places.

Hide this website