What can I do if my partner isn’t following our court order?

As of March 1, 2021, the term has changed to . And in most situations, the term has changed to . Now, all parents usually have parenting time.

Also, a person who isn't a parent or step-parent may get a to spend time with a child. For example a grandparent can get this order.

You may have a but your partner isn't following it any more. For example:

  • You have the right to spend time with your child but your partner won't allow you to.
  • Your partner is not paying .
  • Your partner is not paying .

It can be difficult to get along with your partner. Small issues can build up and make you want to change your court order. Think carefully about what issues you want to take to court.

For example, it is best not to go to court for things like who has to wash your child's clothes after they spent time with your partner or or because your partner isn't always on time. Try to find another way to resolve these issues that can save you time and money.

You should first see what your court order says you have to do if one of you doesn't follow it. For example, it might say that you have to try to work out your issues before going to court. Even if your court order doesn't say this, you may want to get help from a family law professional.

You can talk to a lawyer who can review your court order and your situation to advise you on what to do and what you have to do to protect your rights.

If you can't afford to hire a lawyer for your whole case, some lawyers will provide “unbundled services” or “limited scope retainer” services. This means you pay them to help you with part of your case.

If you can't afford to hire a lawyer at all, you may be able to find legal help in other places.

Hide this website