I got a Form L1 and Notice of Hearing – what should I do?

Important COVID-19 update about the Landlord and Tenant Board

The LTB is holding most hearings remotely, by phone, video, or in writing. In-person hearings are very rare.

For more information, read the question: How is the LTB handling cases during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Your landlord can try to you if they say you have not paid all your rent. First they must give you a Notice to End your Tenancy Early for Non-payment of Rent (Form N4) with details about what you owe and when you must pay.

If you receive a Notice of Hearing from the (LTB), this means your landlord has taken the next step by filing a Form L1 – Application to Evict a Tenant for Non-payment of Rent and to Collect Rent the Tenant Owes. The LTB should send you a copy of your landlord's Form L1 together with the Notice of Hearing.

There are still ways for you to stop the eviction by paying, making an agreement with your landlord, or winning your case at the LTB.

Use CLEO's Eviction Solution Explorer for free to learn what you can do if your landlord wants to evict you because you owe rent.

Hide this website