My application to sponsor my relative was refused. What can I do?

If your application to sponsor a or to become a of Canada was refused by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), you may be able to challenge the decision.

In some cases, you may be able to appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) of the (IRB) and ask them to overturn the decision.

Getting legal advice

If your application is refused, it's a good idea to get legal advice. An immigration lawyer can:

  • tell you what your options are, and
  • help you choose the best option.

They may also be able to help you take steps to challenge the decision. For example, they may be able to help you appeal to the IAD.

Hide this website