I have a problem with my child tax benefits. Where can I get help?

If you have a problem with the Canada child benefit (CCB) or other child tax benefits, you may want to get legal help to understand your rights and act on them.

When to get help

You may want to get legal advice if you're asked:

  • for information or documents you can't get
  • for information you don't think you should have to give
  • to do things you can't do

And you may want to get advice if:

Where to get help

There are community legal clinics across Ontario that give free legal services to people with low incomes.

At these clinics, lawyers, community legal workers, and law students help people with a variety of legal problems.

Clinics give legal information and advice, and some may be able to help you if you disagree with a decision about the CCB.

If you need legal help that a clinic can't give you, they may be able to refer you to someone who can.

Hide this website