Information about vaccine passports and certificates
The government is still finalizing all the rules about vaccine passports or certificates. For now, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Instead of a “vaccine passport”, Ontario calls it a “vaccine certificate”.
- Ontario’s vaccine certificates won’t be available until October 22, 2021.
- Until the vaccine certificates are available, you can prove your vaccination status with a vaccine receipt plus your ID. You can print the vaccine receipt or have it on your phone.
- If you got an email after you got vaccinated, your vaccine receipt may be in that email. To get a new copy of your vaccine receipt, visit the Ontario government vaccine website. You’ll need a green health card to use the website.
- If you were vaccinated outside of Ontario, contact your local Public Health Unit.
- To learn more about exemptions, privacy, and whether vaccine certificates are legal, visit the Ontario Human Rights Commission.
Last updated: September 24, 2021