What if I miss the deadline to serve and file my Answer and Plan of Care?

3. Fill out your Answer and Plan of Care

If the court gives you more time to fill out your Answer and Plan of Care, make sure you and it before your new deadline. The plan is also known as Form 33B.1. In your plan, you want the court to see that you can properly care for your child and keep them safe.

Form 33B.1 Answer and Plan of Care has 5 parts.

It's important to be honest in your Answer and Plan of Care, and all your court documents.

After you fill out your Form 33.B1 you have to serve and file it with the court. You may have to file other documents as well.

Read ‘What is an Answer and Plan of Care‘ to find out more about filling out your Plan of Care.

Get legal help

Child protection cases are complicated and follow strict deadlines. Try and talk to a lawyer who has worked on child protection cases right away.  

You can apply for a legal aid certificate to get Legal Aid Ontario (LAO) to pay for your lawyer. Your income must be low enough for you to qualify.

If you can't afford to hire a lawyer for your whole case, some lawyers offer “unbundled services” or “limited scope retainer” services. This means you pay them to help you with part of your case.

If you can't afford to hire a lawyer, you might be able to find legal help in other places.  You don't need a lawyer to go to court or reply to CAS, but it is best to get one.

Hide this website