What does being guilty of a criminal offence mean?
Question & AnswerWhat does being guilty of a criminal offence mean?
1. Think about whether the Crown can prove guilt
There are two ways you can commit a guilty act. You can:
- Do something that is against the law.
- Fail to do something required by the law.
The legal term for the physical act of doing something illegal is .
Doing something against the law
Examples of actions that are against the law are:
- taking someone else’s property without permission
- touching someone without permission
- drinking and driving
Failing to do something required by law
Examples of failing to do something required by law are:
- not following your conditions
- not staying at the scene of an accident
- not taking care of your child