How do I make a complaint about the police?
Question & AnswerHow do I make a complaint about the police?
2. Fill out the complaint form
If your complaint isn’t suitable for Local Resolution, or you wish to make a formal complaint, you must file your complaint with the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD).
Include as much information as possible. The complaint form must include:
- Who? Give the name of the police service and officers involved.
- Where? Give the address and describe the location.
- When? Give the date and time of the incident.
- What? Describe what happened.