2. Understand how an arrest warrant works
Question & AnswerWhat happens if I don’t follow my bail conditions?
A never expires. It lasts until you deal with it. Warrants are issued to give police the authority to someone, search for, or seize something. A warrant lasts until the police have done what it authorizes them to do. You can turn yourself in at your local police station.
Once you've been on the strength of a warrant, the warrant is said to be “executed”.
Who can arrest you
Any police officer in Ontario can arrest you and take you back to where the warrant was issued if:
- you don't follow the conditions of your and an is issued for
- you don't go to court when you're supposed to and a has been issued for your arrest in the
Any police officer in Canada can arrest you and take you back to where the warrant was issued if:
- a Canada-wide arrest warrant has been issued for your arrest
- you don't go to court when you're supposed to and a bench warrant has been issued for your arrest in the