3. Sign the peace bond

Before you sign the , the court asks if you want to give them reasons why the order should not be made. This is called “showing cause”.

If you've decided to accept the peace bond, tell the Court you do not wish to show cause. This means you freely agree to the peace bond.

Once you've signed the peace bond, the Crown will withdraw or stay your criminal charges.

Hide this website