Get a different mechanic to inspect the car

I'm having trouble with a used car I bought from a registered dealer. What should I do?
This question has an answer and 6 steps

Get a different mechanic to inspect the car

It’s good to get a second opinion about your car’s problems from an independent mechanic. After they inspect your car, ask the mechanic to give you a written report.

A report from an independent mechanic can help you convince the dealer that the car has problems. If you choose to sue the dealer, the report can help you prove it in court.

Keep copies of all your receipts, invoices, cheques and credit card statements related to the car. These can help you prove that the problems with the car are real and how much they have cost you.

You May Also Need

Consumer Protection Ontario
Reviewed: December 31, 2016

Parlez Français