I hired a credit repair company. What can I do if I’m having problems?
Question & AnswerI hired a credit repair company. What can I do if I’m having problems?
Learn about the rules the company must follow
Credit repair companies must follow certain rules in Ontario. For example,
- they cannot tell you that they can help if they have not looked at your
- they cannot ask you to pay them before they start work
- they cannot charge any fees unless they improve your report
- they cannot make false or misleading claims
Also, they must give you a written agreement that has the following information:
- the company’s name and address
- the agreement’s date
- a complete list of the services and goods they will provide
- the date that will complete their services
- how much they will charge you if they improve your credit report