Make a complaint

Find services

Debt and Consumer Rights - Credit reports and repair
Learn more about this topic
Consumer Measures Committee
Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario / Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario)

Was this information helpful?

There's a mistake in my credit report. What can I do?
This question has an answer and 4 steps

Make a complaint

If the consumer reporting agency does not fix the information in your file, you can complain to the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services.

Ministry staff will decide if the information in your report is wrong or does not follow the rules. The Ministry can order the consumer reporting agency to correct or remove the information, or not allow people to see it. The Ministry can also fine the agency or stop it from doing business.

If you disagree with the decision made by the Ministry, you can appeal the decision to the License Appeal Tribunal.

You May Also Need

Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
Reviewed: March 23, 2017

Parlez Français