Small Claims Court ordered my employer to pay me. How do I get the money?

1. Ask the employer to pay

Before you take steps that cost you money and take a lot of time and effort, write a letter to the employer:

  • asking them to pay you the money that the court ordered them to pay
  • telling them where to send the money
  • giving them a deadline for paying you

If the employer still does not pay, you'll have to decide what to do next. Your options are explained in the Next Steps 2 to 5.

Hide this website