Do I get time off for illnesses and other personal emergencies?

3. Find out which family members this applies to

The (ESA) includes the following people as family members for personal emergency leave:

  • your spouse, including a common-law or same-sex partner
  • your child or spouse's child, including a stepchild or foster child
  • your brother or sister
  • your parent or spouse's parent, including a step-parent or foster parent
  • your grandparent or spouse's grandparent, including a step-grandparent
  • a relative who depends on you to care for them or give them personal assistance
Hide this website