3. Get legal help

If your is not helping you, you may want to get legal help.

A lawyer may be able to help you:

  • understand your rights as a unionized worker
  • deal with differences you're having with your union representative so you can find a way to work together
  • contact staff in the union office if your union representative won't help
  • decide if you should make a complaint to the Ontario Labour Relations Board about your union
  • decide if you should make a human rights complaint against your union

A lawyer can also talk to you about whether you could sue your union in court for failing you in its duty of fair representation. But this is rarely an option for union members.

Hide this website