3. Keep a record of your health care costs
Question & AnswerWhat type of benefits can I get from the WSIB?
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) pays for some costs directly. For example, if your family doctor recommends a treatment, the WSIB may pay for this directly. This happens most often with prescriptions, and physiotherapy and chiropractor treatments.
When you have to pay first
There are other expenses that you have to pay for and then ask the WSIB to pay you back. For example, you may have to pay to travel to your medical appointments or buy something at the pharmacy using your own money.
Make sure to:
- get receipts for everything
- keep a record of the dates of your medical appointments
- keep a record of how many kilometres you travel if you drive to your medical appointments
Send your original receipts and , along with the proper form
- WSIB Medication Reimbursement Form Worker Travel Expense Form
- Worker Transition: Worker Travel Expense Form
- Vision Care Claim Form to the WSIB.
Keep copies of everything you send them in case they lose something that you send them.