How do I know if I’m covered by workers’ compensation benefits?
Question & AnswerHow do I know if I’m covered by workers’ compensation benefits?
3. Report the injury
You have to report your injury.
The WSIB decides if you can get benefits.
Workers’ compensation benefits cover things like:
- you didn’t get because of your injury
- health care costs
- travel costs to go to your doctor or to therapy
- retirement income you can’t get because of your injury
- a “work transition assessment”, which is meant to help you get work if you can’t return to a job with your employer
You might also be able to get benefits if you’re permanently disabled because of your injury.
And you might be able to get:
- an independent living allowance if you have a severe permanent
- money to pay for clothing that’s damaged by braces and wheelchairs
Even if you continued to work at your regular job and didn’t lose any wages, it’s important to make a claim because:
- you might get benefits to pay for your medical expenses
- your injury could be permanent or get worse