3. Fill out the Ministry of Labour claim form

How do I make an employment standards claim with the Ministry of Labour?
This question has an answer and 4 steps

3. Fill out the Ministry of Labour claim form

The Ministry of Labour has a Claim Form that you must complete. You can fill it out online or print a copy to fill out. You don't have to pay a fee to make a claim.

Before you start filling out the claim form, collect all the documents you might need to refer to. For example, you might have:

  • an employment contract
  • a Record of Employment
  • pay stubs
  • T4 statements
  • records or notes you made about your work hours or things that happened

The claim form asks for a lot of information. It will take time to complete. You need to say:

  • what rules your employer broke, for example, they didn't pay minimum wage
  • when they broke the rules, for example, which pay periods
  • how much money they owe you
  • your employer's name and contact information
  • if your employer is still in business and if they have other locations or use other names for the business

You May Also Need

Ontario Ministry of Labour
Ontario Ministry of Labour
Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Parlez Français