How do I make an employment claim with the Ministry of Labour?
Question & AnswerHow do I make an employment claim with the Ministry of Labour?
3. Fill out the Ministry of Labour claim form
The Ministry of Labour has a Claim Form that you must complete. You can fill it out online or print a copy to fill out. You don't have to pay a fee to make a claim.
Before you start filling out the claim form, collect all the documents you might need to refer to. For example, you might have:
- an employment contract
- pay stubs
- T4 statements
- records or notes you made about your work hours or things that happened
The claim form asks for a lot of information. It will take time to complete. You need to say:
- what rules your employer broke, for example, they didn't pay minimum wage
- when they broke the rules, for example, which pay periods
- how much money they owe you
- your employer's name and contact information
- if your employer is still in business and if they have other locations or use other names for the business