4. Find out if you should make a human rights claim

If you have asked your employer for and they do not you, this might be . It might also be discrimination if you had to quit your job or you were fired because of your childcare responsibilities.

You should speak with a lawyer about your situation as soon as possible. You can get free legal advice and information from the Human Rights Legal Support Centre. It does not matter how much money you make.

The Centre can help you figure out:

  • if your situation is discrimination
  • if there are things you or a lawyer can do to convince your employer to accommodate you
  • if you can make a claim with the of Ontario
  • what evidence can help you prove discrimination by your employer

The Centre can help you to apply to the Tribunal and sometimes they can support you at the .

You can use the Centre's online tool Can we help you? to see if you might be able to make a claim.

Hide this website