What can I do if I am not happy with a decision about my EI claim?Updated September 27

5. Appeal again if you do not agree with the Tribunal’s decision

If you disagree with the decision made by the Social Security Tribunal's General Division, under certain circumstances, you can ask for permission to to the Tribunal’s Appeals Division. This permission is called “leave to appeal”.

You must ask for leave to appeal within 30 days from when you first found out about the decision of the Social Security Tribunal's General Division.

To start an appeal, fill out the Application to the Appeal Division.

The Tribunal will confirm that they have received your form.

In almost all cases you are not automatically granted a right to appeal. After you submit your form, the Social Security Tribunal will write to you to let you know if they are giving you permission to move ahead with your appeal or not.

You can represent yourself in your appeal but it's a good idea to contact your local community legal clinic for information and advice.

Hide this website