How can I change our safety policies at work?
Question & AnswerHow can I change our safety policies at work?
Know the role of health and safety reps and Health and Safety Committee
- inspect your workplace for safety issues at least once a month
- meet at least once every 3 months
- recommend to your employer ways to improve safety
- get information from your employer about dangerous materials and safety
- get information from your employer about safety tests for equipment and materials in the workplace
- help your employer investigate accidents and injuries
- respond to your safety complaints or questions
Your health and safety representative or your representative from the Joint Health and Safety Committee can:
- give you information about health and safety issues in your workplace
- listen to your ideas for changes in the workplace and pass them on to your employer
- help you deal with safety issues or help you to work with an inspector from the Ministry of Labour