Learn more about the Canada Labour Code
Question & AnswerWhat health and safety rules apply to my job?
If your job is covered by the Canada Labour Code, you and your employer must follow its health and safety rules.
It has rules about a wide range of health and safety topics, including:
- who is covered by the Canada Labour Code
- your employer's duties to make sure you have a safe workplace
- your duties to keep the workplace safe
- Health and Safety Committees
- how to make a complaint to your employer about a safety problem
- how to make a complaint to the Canada Industrial Relations Board
- how the law protects you if you make a complaint to your employer or the Canada Industrial Relations Board
You can learn more about the workplace safety rules in the Canada Labour Code from the Labour Program. You can also call them at 1-800-641-4049 to ask a specific question.