What health and safety rules apply to my job?
Question & AnswerWhat health and safety rules apply to my job?
Learn more about the Occupational Health and Safety Act
The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) applies to almost every worker and employer in Ontario.
It has rules about a wide range of health and safety topics, including:
- who is covered by the OHSA
- your employer's duties to make sure you have a safe workplace
- your duties to keep the workplace safe
- violence and harassment
- handling dangerous substances
- the right to refuse to do work that’s not safe
- how the law protects you if you make a complaint to your employer or to the Ministry of Labour
If you have specific questions about the OHSA, you can contact the Ministry of Labour.