Learn more about the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Question & AnswerWhat health and safety rules apply to my job?
The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) applies to almost every worker and employer in Ontario.
It has rules about a wide range of health and safety topics, including:
- who is covered by the OHSA
- your employer's duties to make sure you have a safe workplace
- your duties to keep the workplace safe
- violence and harassment
- handling dangerous substances
- the right to refuse to do work that’s not safe
- how the law protects you if you make a complaint to your employer or to the Ministry of Labour
If you have specific questions about the OHSA, you can contact the Ministry of Labour.