3. Give your forms to your partner

My partner started a family law court case against me. How do I respond?
This question has an answer and 5 steps

3. Give your forms to your partner

You have 30 days (or 60 days if you live outside of Canada or the United States) to fill out, serve, and file your Form 10: Answer and other court forms. You can serve your partner by regular service or special service.

There is a guide on how to serve documents.

Whoever serves the documents on your partner must fill out Form 6B: Affidavit of Service. In it, they say when, where, and how they served your partner. The form proves that your partner got a copy of your documents.

You can ask the court for more time to fill out your Answer by bringing a regular motion. You should speak to the court clerk or duty counsel before the 30 days (or 60 days) are over to find out how to do this.

You May Also Need

Ontario Court Forms
Reviewed: August 19, 2020

Parlez Français