4. Get your partner's response

How do I bring a motion to change a court order about parenting arrangements?updated
This question has an answer and 5 steps

4. Get your partner's response

Your partner has 30 days (or 60 days if they live outside of Canada or the United States) to fill out, serve, and file their response. If they don't respond, the court may make an order based on your documents alone.

Your partner agrees with you

They fill out a Form 15C: Consent Motion to Change.

To get a consent order, you need to fill out and file with the court:

And if you're also agreeing to change support, you may each have to fill out a Form 13: Financial Statement and Form 13A: Certificate of Financial Disclosure unless you both agree not to. But, you and your partner may need to provide proof of income in some circumstances.

You can now file most family law forms and supporting documents online, including a motion to change. For more information on how to file online, read the question How do I file court forms for my family law case online? 

If you can't use the online service or if you don't want to file your forms or documents online, you can file them in person at the court.

The court clerk gives your forms to a judge to sign the consent order. In most cases, you do not have to see a judge unless they need more information.

If your partner doesn't agree with you

They fill out:

If you're also asking for a change to support, your partner may also fill out:

You May Also Need

Ministry of the Attorney General
Reviewed: March 1, 2021

Parlez Français