What is a motion on consent in family law and what happens at one?

5. Get your court order

Usually you and your partner don't need to go to court to get your .

Because you and your partner both agree to the order, the gives your documents to the judge. The judge reviews your documents and makes an order.

The court clerk sends a certified copy of the signed order to you and your partner in the stamped envelopes you provided. They can also fax it to you, or call you to pick it up, if that's what you prefer.

If the judge has questions for you or your partner, the court clerk will contact you with a court date or provide you with a copy of the judge's that sets out any other steps you or your partner have to take. An endorsement is the written directions a judge gives you and your partner that says what you must do or not do.

Hide this website