We’re married. What happens to CPP benefits if we separate or one of us dies?

5. Take next steps, if needed

There are further steps that you can take if you don't agree with the Appeal Division's decision.

In a few cases, the Appeal Division looks at its decision again. It will only do this if there are new facts that weren't known before the hearing or before it made its decision.

This application must be submitted within one year of the decision being made. You can only ask for a review once.

You can use the Application to Rescind or Amend form to ask the General Division to review its decision.

You can also ask for a review of the Appeal Division's decision by the Federal Court of Appeal. This can be complicated and you should talk to a lawyer for information about this process.

Hide this website