My partner is abusing me, but what happens if the police charge me?

5. Work with your lawyer

If you do not want to plead guilty, you should talk to your criminal lawyer about what your options are before your trial. If you don't have a lawyer, you may be able to talk to .

Your lawyer can help you get “disclosure” from the . Disclosure means you get all of the evidence the Crown Attorney has about your criminal charges. This can help you prepare for your trial.

Hide this website