Do I have the right to have my education in French?
Question & AnswerDo I have the right to have my education in French?
4. Enrol your child in school
To register your child in school, you usually need proof of:
- your child's age, such as an original birth certificate or passport, or a certified copy if the originals are with immigration officials
- your address, such as a telephone bill, electrical bill, or apartment lease with your name and address
- your guardianship if the child is under 18 years old and not living with a parent
- your child having been immunized
- your child's baptismal certificate from a Roman Catholic Church if you want your child to go to a Catholic school
Your child can still attend school even if these documents are not available.
A school does not require:
- proof of immigration status or proof you've applied for status
- a work permit or Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Ontario Health Insurance Program (OHIP) coverage