Do I have the right to have my education in French?

4. Enrol your child in school

To register your child in school, you usually need proof of:

  • your child's age, such as an original birth certificate or passport, or a certified copy if the originals are with immigration officials
  • your address, such as a telephone bill, electrical bill, or apartment lease with your name and address
  • your guardianship if the child is under 18 years old and not living with a parent
  • your child having been immunized
  • your child's baptismal certificate from a Roman Catholic Church if you want your child to go to a Catholic school

Your child can still attend school even if these documents are not available.

A school does not require:

  • proof of immigration status or proof you've applied for status
  • a work permit or Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • Ontario Health Insurance Program (OHIP) coverage
Hide this website