1. Fill out the basic information on the LTB’s application form

If your landlord will not fix the problem, you can apply to the (LTB) using Form T6: Tenant Application about Maintenance. You can download and print it from the LTB's website. You can also use the Tribunals Ontario Portal to fill in and file the form online.

Part 1 of the form asks for basic information about you and your landlord, and the address of the rental unit. Your landlord might be a person or a company.

Make sure you identify your landlord correctly. If you are not sure who your landlord is, you can name whoever you pay rent to. You can also look at a copy of your rental agreement or any other letters or notices from your landlord.

If the LTB does make an  against your landlord, you might have a problem enforcing it if the name is not exactly right.

Hide this website