2. Get help dealing with the landlord

If you are being refused housing or treated unfairly because you have children or are pregnant, you may be able to get help dealing with the landlord.

A landlord might change their mind if they understand that what they are doing is against the law.

The Canadian Centre for Housing Rights (CCHR) may be able to speak to the landlord for you. CCHR also has publications that explain the rules about in housing.

You might also be able to get help from the Human Rights Legal Support Centre (HRLSC). The HRLSC might be able speak to the landlord for you or write a lawyer's letter if necessary.

If the landlord still refuses to treat you fairly, these places might be able to help you take the next steps.

Hide this website