2. Look at the landlord’s declaration

Your landlord must give the (LTB) a declaration or affidavit from the person who wants to move into your rental unit.

A is a signed written statement. It's like an but it does not need to be signed in front of a witness. An affidavit is a written statement that must be signed in front of a witness.

The declaration should give you more information about the person who wants to move in, and why they want to move in. It must also say that this person plans to live there for at least one year.

Your landlord must include a copy of the declaration when they file the Form L2: Application To End a Tenancy and Evict a Tenant , if they're filing on or after September 1, 2021. The LTB or your landlord should give you this copy with your Notice of Hearing.

You can ask the LTB to send you a copy of these documents. Or, if you have a low income, you can call your local community legal clinic to see if they can help you.

At the hearing, you have the right to question the person who signed the declaration. Ask your landlord in writing to bring that person to the hearing.

If you're worried the person will not show up, you can ask the LTB to let you them. This means that the person must come to the hearing to answer questions.

Hide this website