3. Call an inspector

Find services

Housing Law - Repairs and maintenance
Learn more about this topic
CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario / Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario)
Federation of Metro Tenants' Associations

Was this information helpful?

Tell us why or why not

By submitting this form, you accept the Privacy statement.

How much heat does my landlord have to provide?
This question has an answer and 4 steps

3. Call an inspector

If your landlord does not fix the problem, you can call your local property standards or by-law department, or your town or city hall, municipal office, or local councillor. Many cities, towns, and other municipalities have inspectors who can order your landlord to fix the heating problem. If an inspector makes an order, you should ask for a copy of it.

You May Also Need

Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Reviewed: August 31, 2015

Parlez Français