3. Call an inspector

If your landlord does not fix the problem, you can call your local property standards or  department, or your town or city hall, municipal office, or local councillor. Many cities, towns, and other municipalities have inspectors who can  your landlord to make repairs or to clean up your building.

If there are no housing standards by-laws where you live, your municipality has to enforce the provincial maintenance standards.

Depending on the problem, you might also want to contact your local Public Health department or Fire Marshal's office.

If you think unsafe or unlicensed electrical work was done in your place, you can contact the province's Electrical Safety Authority.

Hide this website