3. Get legal help

It's a good idea to get legal advice before you apply to the (LTB).

A lawyer or paralegal can look at the you have collected and help you decide if you have enough proof to make a claim at the LTB. They might also suggest other evidence you can try to get.

A lawyer or paralegal can also help you complete the LTB's form. There are many different things you can ask for using the form, and they can help you decide which ones apply to your situation.

Most community legal clinics give free legal advice on housing law issues to people who have low incomes.

Pro Bono Ontario has a legal advice hotline at 1-855-255-7256. You can get up to 30 minutes of free legal advice and help with a housing law problem. The hotline is usually available from Monday to Friday between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.

JusticeNet is a non-profit organization that helps people in Ontario whose income is too high to get legal aid and too low to afford legal fees. Their website has a list of lawyers and paralegals who charge reduced fees based on your income and the size of your family. You must register and pay a small fee to use JusticeNet's services.

The Law Society of Ontario has a directory of all lawyers and paralegals who are licensed to practice law in Ontario. You will have to pay for their services but they can help you with your case.

Hide this website