4. Complain to a government agency

If the problem continues, you can contact the Rental Housing Enforcement Unit (RHEU). The RHEU is part of the Ministry of Housing. Its job is to try to make sure landlords and tenants follow the law.

You can call the RHEU at 1-888-772-9277 (toll free).

Sometimes landlords will change their behaviour when someone from the RHEU contacts them.

Hide this website